Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Is this blog dead?

Not sure if I am wasting my time or not.  Haven't posted on here in a while and don't know even if anyone is reading the thing.  Oh well.

Thought I would use this place as somewhere I could just throw out my thoughts on things.  Some may not be too popular but that is how it works now a days.  Folks get mad at the littlest of things.

I have really gone through a lot in the last two years.  I was diagnosed with nueropathy in both my legs.  If you don't know what that is then let me explain.  It is very painful.  I have basically nerve pain constantly in both of my legs.  So bad you really can't do much of anything.  It took them about 7 months to finally get me on some meds that actually made me feel better.  I still think the meds give me a form of depression but it is a dammed if you do; dammed if you don't type of situation.  Really kind of sucks.  It has really affected my art too.  I am just now getting back to where I once was when all of this started to happen.

Through this time I have lost my identity.  I am not really sure what I am suppose to be doing right now.  The comic industry is in such a bad way and doing commercial art just sucks the life out of me.  I do wish God would open my eyes to what He wants for me.  Kind of tired of making the wrong choices and wasting years of my life that get me no where.

I love comics.  I love drawing.  If money was not an issue I would open and run my own publishing company and try to give more up and coming talent bigger shots at getting seen.  That is of course if I had the money to do it.  There is where the problem is at though.  I am in no way rich and just doing the couple of books I have done with Alpha Dog Studios has just about broke me.  I have seen no type of pay off for all the hard work that was put into these products.  The truth is that I may never see any type of pay off.  So what do you do?

Would love to read input from you guys and hear what you have to say and what you ideas are on it.  Thanks.

No comments: