Monday, November 04, 2013

Try to get back on track

It has been a while.  I have went through a bit of a funk as of late.  Not really happy with my art work and really been pretty unmotivated to do anything.  It is kind of sad.  I have several issues of Gun Ghoul to script and one issue of Techlore to script too.  I am not really sure what my issues are with producing stuff.  I have plenty of free time and can pretty much do what ever I like.  Just can't seem to find the one thing that will get me back on the horse.

Well, hopefully with me venting a little it will help with the creative side.  I know that my art looking like crap here lately has really been a big issue.  It just sucks and I know that every artist goes through this but I have not had one this long before and I am not really sure how to work out of it.

Going to keep trying to move forward.  Please keep supporting me and pushing me.  Thanks.

3 comments:

Chad Lawrence said...

Hey man! Sorry to hear you're still stuck in a funk. But hopefully it'll be over soon! Most art block advice I've heard is to push through it. For me, I've had mixed results with just pushing through it. Usually it takes trying to add a new "flavor" to my stuff. Or a new spin. Like trying out new tools and approachs. For me I've been playing with line width and weight a lot lately because I need to for professional purposes to better illustrate things and create the illusion of space, but also for aesthetic purposes as well. Whenever I get in a funk, I try to remember what made drawing fun in the first place. Sorry for the ramble, haha, but keep drawing bud! :)

Chad Lawrence said...

Hey man! Sorry to hear you're still stuck in a funk. But hopefully it'll be over soon! Most art block advice I've heard is to push through it. For me, I've had mixed results with just pushing through it. Usually it takes trying to add a new "flavor" to my stuff. Or a new spin. Like trying out new tools and approachs. For me I've been playing with line width and weight a lot lately because I need to for professional purposes to better illustrate things and create the illusion of space, but also for aesthetic purposes as well. Whenever I get in a funk, I try to remember what made drawing fun in the first place. Sorry for the ramble, haha, but keep drawing bud! :)

Will Caligan said...

Thanks buddy. I appreciate the advice and will take it to heart. Here lately I really have forgotten what I use to love about drawing. I hope I can get that back. I appreciate the support my friend.