Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Art, projects and life



Just wanted to pop on here and give the blog a good ol update. Life is pretty crazy. I have a lot going on. A couple different irons in the fire and trying to get all my ducks in a row.

Posted are some pieces that I have inked. I am trying to up my craft and learn to be at least efficient in all the tools. Inking has always intimidated me. Always worried that if I make a mistake that I could not fix it but that is not true. You can pretty much fix anything in photoshop. LOL I am using the new sharpie fine point pens. I know most inkers would shoot me for using that stuff but it is the first pen I have ever used that I actually like. The stuff I am inking now is still pretty flat but I am not really going for line weights and such. I handle depth with the color. I just want the art to look a little more crisper then when it was just pencils. Later on I will try and do more line weights and use more negative space in my work. I tend to like the stuff Skottie Young was doing about three or four years ago. Not so much the new stuff he is doing. Looks to chaotic for my taste.

On the project front, my Techlore, Grimm, Dragonseed and Shadowguard stuff will be out this summer through Alpha Dog Studios. I will try and post prelim art and promo stuff here but most of it will be on the Alpha Dog Studios blog, which you can find a link to in my side bar. There is a lot of cool stuff going on over there, so go check it out.

Life is pretty good. My son was sick all of last week, which really slowed me down on production and today I had a major migraine, but it finally went away around 3pm. I only feel wiped out now. It has been awhile since I had a head ache like today. Other then that things are rocking a long. I hope everyone is creating and staying motivated.

Be blessed and enjoy the talents God gave ya.

No comments: